- Building Physics deals very much with the energy need, the comfort and the durability of a building. Long term sustainability in construction requires a sound scientific base in these topics.
- The chair of building physics therefore focuses its efforts
- on the physical fundamentals of the processes relevant to buildings and their sustainability,
- on applied research in this field as far as an enhanced need of theory exists or where new measurement methods have to be developed,
- the transfer of its scientific knowledge relevant for the sustainability of buildings on to real projects in order to make it as soon as possible becoming useful for sustainability on a large scale,
- other applied research is left to the engineering colleges (FH), the EMPA and industry. However, a co-operation under point 2. above is possible.